AshyRadio 1st Listen: Michael Jackson - Michael (2010)

Posted using Mobypicture.com


The new Michael Jackson album, "Michael" has officially leaked to the web. While I was fighting the temptation to download it versus wait and buy it, I just couldn't help myself. So...to Mediafire I went.
I don't know what to say. From conspiracy theorists crying "FOUL!!" because of a supposed MJ vocal clone named Jason Malachi doing most of the vocal work, to the overall lackluster production, this in my opinion is yet ANOTHER posthumous album release by a great artist that most certainly should NEVER have seen the light of day. 

Most of the tracks sound no better than high quality mixed versions of demos or songs that would've ended up on the cutting room floor. Surprising the song "Monster" featuring 50cent is the gem of the album here. The Lenny Kravitz produced "Another Day" is a decent, somewhat catchy track, but sounds like it should've been released about 10-15yrs ago. 

I'm not gonna continue to point out flaws in this record, because I could be at it all night. I do believe MJ had another great album in him. For die hard MJ fans, the best treats of the album are the last two songs, which sound & feel like some vintage, time machine "Dangerous" era MJ. 

All in all, it's an album that at times, purists will consider a disrespect to his legacy, and others will enjoy for the nostalgic angle. Fans will buy, and detractors will continue to detract. 

I on the other hand, will delete and remember MJ the way I see best. By enjoying the music HE released the way HE intended it to be released, while he was still with us.

 

Tracklist
------------

01. Hold My Hand (Duet With Akon) (Produced By Akon And Giorgio 3:33
Tuinfort)

02. Hollywood Tonight (Produced By Teddy Riley, Michael Jackson 4:31
And Neff-U)

03. Keep Your Head Up (Produced By Tricky) 4:51

04. (I Like) The Way You Love Me (Produced By Neff-U) 4:34

05. Monster Ft. 50 Cent (Produced By Teddy Riley, Angelikson 5:06
And Michael Jackson)

06. Best Of Joy (Produced By Neff-U And Michael Jackson) 3:03

07. Breaking News (Produced By Teddy Riley, Angelikson And 4:14
Michael Jackson)

08. (I Can't Make It) Another Day Ft. Lenny Kravitz (Produced 3:55
By Lenny Kravitz)

09. Behind The Mask (Produced Michael Jackson And John McClain) 5:02

10. Much Too Soon (Produced Michael Jackson And John McClain) 2:48


R.

Comments